Saturday, August 2, 2014

Fashion Essentials For Any Season

I wanted to share what I think are staple items that every gal needs to have in her possession.  I'm using Taylor Swift as my example for these items, because she is one of my style icons.  She has such a classic style, and I almost never see her wearing something that I couldn't see myself wearing.  These are all items I own, and I have to say, I don't know what I'd do without each of them.  No matter who you are, or what size or shape you are, these should all work for you (in any season).  I'll tell you why....

A Pair of Comfortable Flats

Why these work for everyone:
There are so many different styles of flats, from dressy to casual.
They're comfy.  Period.



Dark Skinny Jeans 
(that are comfortable and make you look good)

Why these work for everyone:
Jeans are already a staple item in everyone's wardrobe.
The dark color of the denim is slimming.
The skinny style is slimming.
They're versatile.  You can wear them a million and one ways, from casual to dressy.
You can wear them in any season. (Except maybe on super hot days, but they're a-ok for mild summer nights).
If you find a soft denim, they're comfy.



A Cross Body Bag

Why this works for everyone:
It's trendy.
It usually holds more than you expect.
It's not bulky.
It's more secure than a shoulder bag or clutch.



A Cozy, Comfy, and Cute Sweater

Why this works for everyone:
It's easy to throw over most anything.
It's great for fall/winter, or to carry along for a possible chilly spring or summer night.
It's versatile.  You can wear it with jeans, leggings, shorts, even a skirt.



A Leather (or faux leather) Jacket

Why this works for everyone:
Like the sweater, it's great for cold seasons, or to throw over your warm weather outfit for a chilly evening.
It lets you channel your inner edgy side.
It's classic.  You can usually keep it in your wardrobe for many years (especially if it's real leather).



Nude Pumps

Why this works for everyone:
The nude color elongates your legs to make you look statuesque (although Taylor doesn't need much help with that).
They're classic.  If you take good care of them, you can take them through years of your wardrobes.
They're versatile.  You can wear them with jeans, dressy shorts, skirts, leggings, dresses......


I want to hear from you.  What are the fashion essentials you can't live without?  Leave me a comment below :)



No comments:

Post a Comment