Sunday, August 17, 2014

Makeup ReOrganization & Move

I had recently picked up a couple silver platters and a candle stick holder from Goodwill to create a DIY makeup stand.  While it seemed to serve its purpose for a few weeks, I wasn't as thrilled with it as I thought I'd be.  Plus, I have been wanting to move my makeup out of the bathroom for quite some time (as it creates a powdery mess on the countertop and in the sink every time I do my makeup).  I felt like I was cleaning my bathroom counter and sink ALL the time.  Below is the DIY makeup stand I made.  I still think it's a cute idea, and may be useful for some of you out there, but I decided it needed to go.


I moved all my makeup into my bedroom, to my bookshelf/hutch.  There are still a few things that need tweaking.  I'm going to be on the lookout for a larger mirror and different lighting (hopefully 2 lights, one on each side of the mirror).  I also am looking for a cushiony chair or stool to sit on.  For the time being, I'll be using a patio chair (lol).


I used some glass cups and re-purposed Bath & Body Works glass 3-wick candle holders to hold my brushes and other tall/skinny makeup items.


I found the little clear acrylic organizers in the discount bins at Target (you know, those bins right at the front of the store that have cheap random stuff - they were $6 for 2 long ones and 2 square ones).  I actually bought them not knowing what I'd use them for, but they turned out to be perfect for my eyeshadows, powders, lipsticks, etc.


As for the makeup stand.....well, I ripped it apart. :/  I used the bottom silver platter to display my hair products, etc.  I think it's a better use for it.  


I hope I've inspired some of you to reorganize or rearrange something in your life.  It's such a great feeling to go through things, weed out what you don't need, and give everything a good wipe-down.  Also, rearranging something can make you feel like something is fresh and new, without having to really buy anything new.

I feel better now.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment